Turducken


In US you have Thanksgiving Day coming, here in Brazil we are already heading for Christmas, but the concern is the same: what to cook? One thing I know for sure, I have to have turkey on my menu. I’m not a big fan so it’s hard to think about some recipe that excites me. I have to confess I’m out of ideas! That’s why I’ve been discussing the subject with some trustful taste buds’ people. So far nothing interesting… But at least I provided some fun for them when I talked about the Turducken recipe. Which is a de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. The name is a portmanteau of those ingredients, turkey, duck, and chicken. I don’t know how well that is known in US but here nobody has a clue, they think it’s some joke and laugh about it. I found out about Turducken in Jeffrey Steingarten’s book. Now I researched the Internet to learn more and I found a lot of recipes and pictures! It seems a lot of people are doing it! Now I can prove it exists! I’m also thinking about putting it on my menu and probably I’ll be the first one to do it here!

No comments: